Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Gypsy



When I first saw this photo of Gypsy, I thought she was a big, yellow Labrador, the backyard, all-American variety.

I was wrong on many counts.

Gypsy is a HE, not a SHE. He’s small, only 25 pounds, not big. He’s brown, not yellow. He’s of mixed and mysterious origins, not labradorish at all. Finally, he’s from Israel, not New Hampshire.

Teaches me to profile a dog!

Regardless of sex, size, color, breed, or country of origin, Gypsy looks quite cozy snoozing in his leafy bower. The wrinkled muzzle is, as I am told, a part of his character. He must be snarling at the rabbits he’s chasing in his dreams.

 Gypsy
7" X 5" pen and ink
2009

1 comment:

ocmist said...

I think I would have agreed with most of your assessments of Gypsy! How funny to find out the truth... LOL He looks like an old, well loved pet, though (well fed anyway!)