Thursday, May 21, 2009

A Little House for the Library

Noble House
7" X 5" pen and ink
2009

I'm on the Board of Trustees for the Brooksville Free Public Library. Every summer we host a fund raiser so that we can keep the library open two-and-a-half days and one evening a week. This year it's a house and labyrinth tour and I'm in charge of designing the invitation and publicity posters. Thus, a house drawing instead of a dog!


Here's the design of the labyrinth which is cut into a hayfield next to the house.

It's a little house this year, in keeping with tough economic times, designed by a local architect--Bob Knight--as one of his Lucia's Little Houses. Living in a little house myself, I like his philosophy: "I have been designing houses of all sizes since the late 1960’s but the house type I find most satisfying and challenging is the good small house. Here on the coast of Maine the demand has increased steadily for the little and efficient home that takes advantage of sun, site and design to reward people with modest housing needs." Here's the same house from another angle on the cover of his book. You can check out the house plans on Bob's website.

No comments: