Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Ruby II


Ruby II
5" X 7" pen and ink
2009

Ruby II, a Springer Spaniel/Border Collie/Labrador Retriever mix, was Moose's predecessor. She also was a rescue dog, from a shelter on Mount Desert Island in Maine, home of Acadia National Park. And, of course, Ruby II's predecessor was Ruby I, a pure-bred Springer Spaniel, and one of my very first pet portraits. I drew Ruby I for my friend Maggie 11 long years ago and that experience helped launch my PenPets business. I'm trying to decide if my style has changed over the years.

Ruby I
6" X 6" pen and ink
1998

Maggie writes, "I'm already trying to pick out a spot to hang all three dog portraits together."

3 comments:

Archie and Melissa said...

hi leslie!
oh they are both wonderful!
i think you are a master at everything you do!
:) melissa

Joslyne said...

I love them! I just want to reach out and ruffle Ruby II's fur and go "good poochy woochy cutie pie!". :)

Totally Timmy said...

They are both so beautiful. You have such a great talent.