Wednesday, September 10, 2008

British Columbia & New Commissions


We set off tomorrow for our annual two-week cruise in British Columbia with our friend Irving on his wonderful trawler Irandar. This year we set off from the top of Vancouver Island and cruise down through the Broughtons, Desolation Sound, and the San Juans to Seattle. I can't wait! The company is great, the boat commodious, the food fabulous, the scenery spectacular, and the wildlife plentiful -- Orca and Humpbacked Whales, dolphins, bears, sea otters, Great Blue Herons by the hundreds! What more could we want?



I have lots of commissions awaiting me when I get home, not the least of which is a woodcut of Pete, a two-year-old Newfoundland, who, at 115 lbs. is still not full grown! He'll put on another 15 lbs. before he's through. He's a real sweetheart and who wouldn't fall in love with that face! I hope I do his good looks justice!

1 comment:

Liza said...

Hi LEslie and Tom:
I should have lent you the book about sailing up the west coast of BC by Jonathan Rabin, called Passage to Juneau, or did Tom say that you'd already read that? Don't get run over by a tidal bolus! We look forward to your return. Love,