Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Happy Father's Day, Ken!

Geni
5" X 7" pen and ink
2008


Geni is short for Genius, and, while her IQ may be in question, Geni’s super-sized heart is not. She’s an Irish Wolfhound and HUGE, and Ken and Polly love absolutely every square inch of her. They’ve had plenty of dogs in their lives, many of them super-sized – four Great Danes, one Bloodhound, two Basset Hounds, one Shar-Pei, one Weimaraner, and one Labrador – but none of those dogs has topped Geni in their affections. It’s tough to top an Irish Wolfhound, the tallest dog in the world and my dream dog as a child. I loved both horses and dogs to distraction (Still do!), and I thought that an Irish Wolfhound combined the best of both breeds. Plus a dog, even a giant of a dog, would fit in my suburban back yard, as a horse, sadly, would not. I never got an Irish Wolfhound nor a horse, but look at the pipsqueak of a pup that I have now! Talk about down-sizing my dreams!



Geni, Ken, Kinsey, and Leslie

In Kinsey's defense, there's nothing puny about her personality. What she lacks in size, she more than makes up for in character. You’d be amazed at how much weight this tiny 12 pounder throws around! I'm sure Geni, all 135 pounds of her, is much more demure!

No comments: