Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Two Aussies

Trystyn & Grytham
8" X 10" pen & ink
2008

Here's a new commission I've just finished. Grytham is a gorgeous tri-colored Australian Sheep Dog. I drew him alone last year. Now he has a side-kick -- Trystan. They look like they'll be quite the dynamic duo!



Grytham

8" X 10" pen & ink

2007

I had a birthday this week (We won't talk about that!) and Tom gave me a print of Holly Meade's wonderful woodblock fox. Kinsey gave me this great T-shirt to match. Holly is a woodblock print artist who lives in our next-door town, Sedgwick. She carves fabulous animals that I just love! Her fox will be an inspiration to me in my own woodblock carving.


The Christmas commissions are already starting to come in so stay tuned for more dog and cat portraits. I'm also designing next year's Dog Days Calendar -- maybe two! Don't know when I'll get back to my carving.

1 comment:

Archie and Melissa said...

hi leslie!
these are amazing!
happy birthday! you have a great hubby! what a beautiful present!
melissa