Tuesday, April 28, 2009

California Dreamin'

Fence Sitter and Friend
7" X 5" pen and ink
2007


It pays to go on vacation! Not only did I spend ten days in California getting the royal treatment from my family, soaking up the sun, smelling the flowers, and seeing the sights, but I sold three boxes of cards in my Etsy shop (I'm up to FIVE SALES now, folks!) and I had one of my drawings ("Fence Sitter and Friend") featured in a collection of goats on the Totally Timmy blog. Check it out! There are a lot of cool goats there.

So now I'm home in Maine again. The snow is gone, the grass is green, and the Daphne--always first--is blooming deliciously. It's a far cry from the tropical gardens I admired in the San Francisco Bay Area, but it's hopeful. I have three PenPets commissions waiting to take shape on my drawing board and a vigorous crop of dandelions ready to be yanked from my garden. My work awaits me!

2 comments:

ocmist said...

So... you were out in our neck of the woods latelr... Hope you liked it. I love coming over here to look at your drawings. We used to have some of those white goats when I was younger. My dad loved them. When he passed away,one of the old photos in his wallet was of one of those goats as well as pics of us kids and my mom.

Linda O'Neill said...

I love this one, Leslie. I'm thinking a goat could be a good friend to Maisie one of these days!

Congrats on the Etsy sales!